Wednesday, January 9, 2008

THE Cookie Jar



January 9th, 2008

So from as far back as I can remember (3 or 4 years of age) my godmother (Aunt Babe) always had the BEST home-made cookies.
EVERYTIME I went to her place as a little girl, before even my coat was off I'd run to her kitchen open the cupboard door and find THE cookie jar... always freshly filled with peanut butter and shortbread cookies. I don't remember a time in my life where Aunt Babe didn't have cookies waiting for me. In fact, if you look at the bow on the bear, you can see how old it is because the paint is all chipping off!
My mother had taken THE cookie jar when my Aunt Babe passed away in 1991.
In 2002 when my Mom passed she gave THE cookie jar to my sister, today, my sister gave it to me!!
I can't wait to fill it with cookies tomorrow, I'm thinking a nice fresh batch of shortbread!!

1 comment:

Jaimi said...

I just absolutely love the story about this cookie jar. I literally have a mental picture of you, three or four years old, reaching up, trying to get your mitts on those cookie. Heartwarming, my dear =)