Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hayden has puberty


January 20th, 2008

So while this is a picture of Hayden, the story itself is actually a story about Preston,
my very intelligent and inquisitive 9 year old son.
This is Hayden, just turned 13, you can see just above his left eyebrow, he's got a zit.

One day last spring, I don't remember what was on TV, but whatever it was, prompted Preston to ask what puberty was.
So being the lazy mom I am, and wanting to give my son the best information
I could find, I googled puberty and found a web site (I wish I bookmarked!) that explained
what puberty was, aimed at the young inquiring minds!
I proceeded to read the numerous changes that the male body goes through, both physically and emotionally.
As I'm reading all this with Preston sitting on my lap, following me, I can see him absorbing
all this information that's being fed to him.
He says to me...
"Mom, I don't know how to say this....
I think Hayden has puberty"

I literally laughed my ass off! Hayden HAS puberty like he had the flu or a common cold!
I then broke the news to my then 8 year old son that he too, one day, would HAVE puberty!

1 comment:

Jaimi said...

And "Mother Of The Year Award Goes To..."
Tracy!! Your poor boy! I hope he doesn't see this! Can you imagine if I posted: Sky Has Menstration!